The CDA Scholarship
Our CDA Scholarship covers CDA coursework, the assessment fee and renewal fees charged by the Council for Professional Recognition for obtaining the CDA Credential. .
Center and Family child care providers must:
- Be employed at an Early Achievers participating family child care or center-based program
- Work an average of 20 hours per week teaching children or in a leadership role at current facility
- Have worked for at least three months at current facility
- Work in a child care or early learning teaching or assistant position, or in a leadership role
- Meet all of the eligibility requirements established by the CDA Council for Professional Recognition
- Covers tuition and fees for CDA coursework and CDA renewal coursework at a WA community or technical college or at Blueprints for Learning in Spokane, WA
- 100% of the cost of the CDA Assessment Fee
- 100% of the cost of the CDA Renewal Fee
- $150 incentive upon receipt of the scholar's CDA Credential
- $50 incentive upon receipt of the scholar's CDA Renewal
- Scholars must remain with current employer for a minimum of three months after completion of a yearlong scholarship contract
- Scholars are required to share a copy of their CDA with us
This application should take roughly 30 minutes to complete. Please be aware YOU CANNOT SAVE your application midway, or submit incomplete applications.
You will need the following before you begin:
- The name and email address of your facility director or FCC owner
- Your STARS identification number
- A valid email address
- The provider number of the facility as listed on the facility license (issued by the WA State Department of Early Learning)
- Whether your facility is participating in Early Achievers and its rating (ask your director if unsure)
Applications are reviewed at the end of each month. firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax to: 253-572-2599 or mail them to: 1551 Broadway, Suite 300, Tacoma, WA 98402.