The CDA Assessment Fee Scholarship
Our CDA Assessment Fee Scholarship covers CDA Assessment and renewal fees charged by the Council for Professional Recognition for obtaining the CDA Credential. For more information about the credential, go to www.cdacouncil.org. Read our new CDA Assessment Fee Scholarship one-pager. Lea nuestro nuevo folleto Becas Cuota de Evaluación CDA.
Center and Family child care providers must:
- Work, not volunteer, in a WA State licensed child care facility participating in Early Achievers, Washington's Quality Rating Improvement System
- Work an average of 20 hours per week in a licensed child care
- Have worked at your current child care facility for at least three months
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Meet all of the eligibility requirements established by the CDA Council
- 100% of the cost of the CDA Assessment Fee ($425)
- 100% of the cost of the CDA Renewal Fee ($100 PAPER/$75 ONLINE)
- $150 bonus upon receipt of the scholar's CDA Credential
- $50 bonus upon receipt of the scholar's CDA Renewal
- 100% tuition coverage for CDA renewal coursework at a WA state community or technical college
Scholars are required to remain employed with their sponsoring child care facility for three months after scholarship contract completion.
Eligible providers can complete the application and submit it online or . Applications must be complete! Send complete applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, via Fax to: 253-572-2599 or mail them to: 1551 Broadway, Suite 300, Tacoma, WA 98402.
To complete and submit this application online, please click on the button below.
This application should take roughly 30 minutes to complete. Please be aware YOU CANNOT SAVE your application midway, or submit incomplete applications.
You will need the following before you begin:
- Your facility director's name and email address (if you work at a center)
- Your Social Security Number
- A valid email address
- The provider number of the facility as listed on the facility license (issued by the WA State Department of Early Learning)
- If you are participating in Early Achievers and your rating if applicable (ask your director if unsure)
Please submit complete applications only! Applications are reviewed at the end of each month. Click on this link for additional CDA Assessment Fee Scholarship Instructions.