The CDA Assessment Fee Scholarship
The CDA Assessment Fee Scholarship covers the CDA ASSESSMENT AND RENEWAL FEES charged by the Council for Professional Recognition for obtaining the CDA Credential. For more information on obtaining the credential, go to www.cdacouncil.org.
* All Scholarships are contingent upon funding at the time of award.*
- Work, not volunteer, in a WA State licensed child care facility participating in Early Achievers, Washington's Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS).
- Work an average of 20 hrs/week in a licensed child care facility.
- Have worked at your current child care facility for at least three months.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Meet all of the eligibility requirements established by the CDA Council.
Washington Scholarships pays:
- 100% of the cost of the CDA Assessment Fee ($425)
- 100% of the cost of the CDA Renewal Fee ($100 PAPER/$75 ONLINE)
- $150 bonus upon receipt of the scholar's CDA Credential
- $50 bonus upon receipt of the scholar's CDA Renewal 100% tuition coverage for CDA renewal coursework at a WA State community or technical college
Scholars are required to remain employed with their sponsoring child care facility for three months after scholarship contract completion.
Please fill out and submit complete applications only! Applications are reviewed at the end of each month.
Scholarship Application Deadline
Send completed applications to:
Washington Scholarships for Child Care Professionals
1551 Broadway, Suite 300
Tacoma, WA 98402
Information About the CDA Credential
The Council for Professional Recognition is a program that focuses on the skills of early care and education professionals. It is designed to provide performance-based training, assessment, and credentialing of child care staff, home visitors, and family child care providers.