General Scholarship: AA/Cert./CDA Coursework
The General Scholarship supports eligible family and center child care professionals who plan to take courses at a WA State Community or Technical College toward obtaining their Child Development Associates (CDA), Early Childhood Education (ECE) or Stackable Certificates or an Associate’s Degree. This support includes funding for tuition, books and course related materials and fees. The General Scholarship also provides paid release time for each enrolled quarter and a bonus for the successful completion of each scholarship contract. Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements by the established deadline. All scholarships are contingent upon funding at the time of award.
Center and Family Child Care Providers:
- WA State resident.
- Work, not volunteer, in a WA State licensed child care facility participating in Early Achievers, Washington's Quality Rating Improvement System(QRIS).
- Work an average 20 hrs/week in a licensed child care facility.
- Have worked at your current center or family child care facility for at least three months.
- Plan to pursue a CDA, ECE certificate, Stackable Certificates or ECE Associates Degree at a WA State community or technical college.
WA Scholarships pays:
- 100% Tuition
- Book reimbursement up to $1000/contract year
- Release Time at $11.00/hour up to three hours/week
- $300 bonus upon scholarship contract completion
Scholar Expectations :
- New scholars are expected to enroll the quarter that they receive the award. Scholars are required to remain employed at sponsoring child care facility for six months after completion of scholarship contract.
- Scholars must complete a minimum of 12 academic credits per scholarship contract. It is the scholar's responsibility to read and understand the scholarship contract and policies.
Child Care Center Expectations:
- The sponsoring child care center must pay a $300 bonus or 1.5% raise to the employee upon scholarship contract completion
- Schedule paid release time with employee at $11.00/hour up to three hours/week
The Application Process
Interested child care providers should read and understand the eligibility requirements and scholar expectations prior to filling out an application for a scholarship.
Eligible providers can complete the application and submit it online or. Applications must be complete!
To complete and submit this application online, please click on the button below.
Center providers must enter the name and email address of their center director
This application should take roughly 30 minutes to complete. Please be aware YOU CANNOT SAVE your application midway, or submit incomplete applications.
The following is information you will need before you begin the online application process:
1. Your center representative’s (director) name and email address (If you work at a center).
2. Social Security Number
3. Your facility's provider/license number (NOT your SSPS number) [issued by the WA State Department of Early Learning Licensor]
4. Early Achievers rating [ask your director if unsure]
5. Past academic information [name(s) of previous high school(s) and college(s), dates of attendance, majors, etc...]
Scholarships are awarded on a quarterly basis.
Application deadlines are as follows:
Winter ----- November 15
Spring ---------- February 15
Summer ---------- May 15
Fall -------- August 15
Send completed applications to:
Washington Scholarships for Child Care Professionals
1551 Broadway, Suite 300
Tacoma, WA 98402