General Scholarship: AA/Cert./CDA Coursework
Our General Scholarship covers coursework for participants working toward their CDA, ECE Certificate, Stackable Certificates and AA/AAS degree in Early Childhood Education at a Washington State community or technical college.
*All Scholarships are contingent upon funding at the time of award. *
Center and Family Child Care Providers:
- WA State resident.
- Work, not volunteer, in a WA State licensed child care facility participating in Early Achievers, Washington's Quality Rating Improvement System(QRIS).
- Work an average 20 hrs/week in a licensed child care facility.
- Have worked at your current center or family child care facility for at least three months.
- Plan to pursue a CDA, ECE certificate, Stackable Certificates or ECE Associates Degree at a WA State community or technical college.
WA Scholarships pays:
- 100% Tuition
- 100% Book reimbursement up to $1000/contract year
- Release Time at $11.00/hour up to three hours/week
- $300 bonus upon scholarship contract completion
Scholar Expectations :
- Scholars are required to remain employed at sponsoring child care facility for six months after completion of scholarship contract.
- Scholars must complete a minimum of 12 academic credits per scholarship contract
Child Care Center Expectations:
- The sponsoring child care center must pay a $300 bonus or 1.5% raise to the employee upon scholarship contract completion
- Schedule paid release time with employee at $11.00/hour up to three hours/week
Please fill out and submit complete applications only! Applications are reviewed at the end of each month. Funding is dispersed on a quarterly basis.
Scholarships are awarded on a quarterly basis.
Application deadlines are as follows:
Winter ----- December 1
Spring ---------- March 1
Summer ---------- June 1
Fall -------- September 1
Send completed applications to:
Washington Scholarships for Child Care Professionals
1551 Broadway, Suite 300
Tacoma, WA 98402