All applications for the Fall 2013 BA Scholarship have been accepted and are being reviewed. Scholarship awards will be issued in mid June. For questions, please call WA Scholarships at 866-308-3224.
The Bachelor's Degree Scholarship is offered to child care professionals in the filed who want to continue their education in Early Childhood Education (ECE) beyond their Associate's Degree. These scholarship can be used at any four-year college or university that offers an ECE degree.
BA Scholarship Qualifications:
- Work at least 20 hours a week at a licensed center or family child care business.
- Have worked with current employer at least 6 months.
- Have obtained an Associate's Degree, preferably in ECE or a related field.
- Must be participating in Early Achievers if currently available in their area of WA State.
- Priority will be given to students who demonstrate financial need.
- BA Scholarship recipients must attend a WA State four year institution.
The BA Scholarship is intended to assist scholars with tuition (15 credits minimum must be completed), fees and books. We hope to receive funding for this scholarship, but cannot guarantee funding beyond the year.
Tuition and Fees Up to $6000 per contract year
Books Up to $1000 per contract year
Travel Stipend $100 per quarter
Release Time Up to 3 hrs/week at $11.00/hr
Bonus $300 upon completion of contract
Requirements and expectations :
Applicants are required to apply for Financial Aid before applying for the BA Scholarship.
BA Scholarship recipients must attend a WA State four year institution.
For those scholars employed by Child Care Centers:
- The center must be also agree to pay either a $250.00 bonus or provide a 1.5% raise at the end of the contract. The center must also agree to a small amount of weekly release time.
- Scholar must be willing to make a commitment to remain at center of employment for 6 months after completion of contract.
For those scholars employed as Family Child Care Providers:
Family child care providers are expected to maintain their family child care provider status for six months after the completion of the contract.
Feel free to contact WA Scholarships with any questions regarding this or other scholarship opportunities.
Contact: Meka Riggins 253-383-1735 x107