The Bachelor's Degree Scholarship is offered to child care professionals in the field who want to continue their education in Early Childhood Education (ECE) beyond their Associate's Degree. These scholarships can be used at any WA State four-year college or university that offers an ECE degree, or a degree in an approved related field.
*All Scholarships are contingent upon funding at the time of the award.*
BA Scholarship Qualifications:
- WA State resident.
- Work, not volunteer, in a WA State licensed child care facility participating in Early Achievers, Washington's Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS).
- Have worked at current child care facility for at least 6 months.
- Have obtained an Associate's Degree, preferably in ECE or an approved related field.
- Enrolled at, or applying to, a WA State four year academic institution.
The BA Scholarship is intended to assist scholars with tuition, fees and books. We hope to receive funding for this scholarship, but cannot guarantee funding beyond the year.
|Tuition and Fees
||Up to $6000/contract year|
|Books 100% reimbursement
||Up to $1000/contract year|
|Travel Stipend||$100 per quarter|
|Release Time||Up to three hrs/week at $11.00/hr|
|Bonus||$300 upon scholarship contract completion|
Scholar Expectations :
- Applicants are required to apply for Financial Aid before applying for the BA Scholarship.
- Scholars are required to complete a minimum of 15 academic credits during the scholarship contract.
- Required to remain employed with the sponsoring facility for one year upon contract completion.
Child Care Center Expectations:
- The sponsoring child care center must pay a $300 bonus or 1.5% raise to the scholar (employee) upon scholarship contract completion
- Schedule paid release time with employee at $11.00/hour up to three hours/week
The 2013 BA Scholarship application period is now closed.
Please contact WA Scholarships with any questions regarding this or other scholarship opportunities.
Send completed applications to:
Washington Scholarships for Child Care Professionals
1551 Broadway, Suite 300
Tacoma, WA 98402